JEE Main 2020 will now be conducted between 1-6 SEPTEMBER 2020 (as per https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx). The first session of JEE Main 2020 was concluded on January 9 and JEE Main 2020 result was released on January 17 (Paper 1) and January 23 (Paper 2). NTA has released a new notification on March 5 according to which persons with benchmark disabilities (physical limitation to write) will be provided an additional 1 hour on production of a certificate from the Chief Medical Officer/Civil Surgeon/Medical Superintendent of a Government health care institution as per proforma given by the authorities.
National Testing Agency (NTA) will release details related to JEE Main 2020 admit card 15 days before the exam, i.e. by August 15 on the official website. “Qualified candidates who have passed class 12 examinations will now be eligible for admissions irrespective of marks obtained,” the HRD minister said in a series of tweets.
JEE Main 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Accepting Colleges||1667 colleges|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern and Structure
|Mode of exam||BTech/BPlan – CBT mode|
BArch – PBTmode | CBT mode
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs) and Numerical|
Subjective – BArch Drawing Paper
|Number of questions||75 for BTech|
77 for BArch
100 for BPlan
|Total marks||Paper 1 – 300 marks|
Paper 2 – 400 marks
Paper 3 – 400 marks
|Name of sections||BTech – 3 (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)|
BArch – 3 (Drawing, Mathematics, and Aptitude)
BPlan – 3 (Mathematics, Aptitude, and Planning Based Questions)
|Marking scheme||Correct Response – (+4)|
Incorrect Response – (-1)
|The difficulty level of exam||Easy to Moderate|
Reservation Criteria for JEE Main 2020
|Category||Reservation in Percentage (%)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Other Backward Class (OBC) -NCL||27|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||3|
JEE Main participating colleges: List of NITs
JEE Main participating colleges: List of IIITs
JEE Main participating colleges: List of CFTIs
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
To avoid encountering any kind of unforeseen circumstances on the day of the exam, candidates can go through the JEE Main 2020 exam day guidelines. Given below are the exam day guidelines that will help students get all things in place before the day of the exam:
- Candidates will be required to bring their JEE Main 2020 admit card and an identity proof to get entry into the exam hall. Students appearing for the entrance test must keep their admit card, id proof well in place one day before the exam to avoid any inconvenience and unnecessary delay.
- Authorities will open the entry gates of the exam hall 2.5 hours before the exam commences. Given that there will be frisking by metal detectors and other security arrangements, candidates are advised to reach the exam centers well before time to avoid any latency in the final moments.
- PWD category candidates will be required to bring their duly signed PWD certificate in the format prescribed by the authorities.
- Any electronic gadgets such as phones, calculators, watches with calculators, pagers, etc are strictly prohibited inside the exam centers. Students will also not be allowed to carry any textual material such as log tables, books, notebooks, etc.
- Diabetic students will be allowed to carry items like sugar tablets/fruits and a transparent water bottle to the exam hall. Such candidates must note that they won’t be allowed to carry packaged food items like chocolate/candy/sandwich etc.
Visit our website: https://www.rajeevclasses.com/
Follow our pages for more updates about JEE, NEET and Rajeev classes:
Face book: https://www.facebook.com/RAJEEVCLASSES
Head Office: 6/1/1E, Anil Mitra Road, Ballygunge, (Near South Point High School) Kolkata – 700019
Contact number: 9830751948/9073064357
Branch Office: P25, Jadu Colony,(Near Ashoka Cinema),Behala ,
Contact Number: 9674374134/9836221619