“What you consume, consumes you. What consume’s your mind, controls your life.”
JEE/NEET is a mental fight, for that you need to prepare your mind to do well. For that, you also need to take care of your mental health.
- Stress has never helped anyone. So instead of coming under the peer pressure, keep yourself calm. You have sufficient time to prepare for your exam. If you plan everything out in the initial days of your preparation then you’ll not have to stress yourself much in the future.
- Try to study as much as you can and remember, you are doing well if only at the end of the day you are satisfied with how you spent the day because everyone knows that just opening the book and staring at it for hours doesn’t mean you’ve studied and it never makes you feel satisfied. That is the worst way to waste your time.
- While you’re preparing for JEE, don’t stop to eat! Maintain your meals and eat nutritious food. Give yourself breaks after long study sessions, because you deserve them. Watching your favorite movie once in a week or maybe treating yourself with the food of your choice will keep your mind fresh and cheerful. This will not only help you to have a positive health but also focus on your study.
- First of all the most important aspect is to have a proper and sound sleep of almost 7½ hours. Assuming you to be a grown-up kid this much sleep is enough for preventing a sleepy and lazy day. The most important thing you should do is to keep yourself motivated. Many times you may face problems like poor grades, too much burden, etc but never let yourself down. Self-esteem is very very important.
- Give your best shot but never think that an exam is the end of your life. Never let the monthly exams affect your personal life. Enjoy what you do and parallelly try your best to improve your weaknesses. Do watch movies, meet your friends every month BUT there must be a limit to it like once or twice a month. See that you don’t waste much of your time because it’s much value in that phase of your life.
Some major important points
- Exercise= Exercising releases endorphins that relieve stress, give you a euphoric feeling (similar to morphine), and overall make you happy and/or positive about the world around you.
- Socialize = Taking time to do things with friends or family helps lower stress levels, and allow you to spend time having fun.
- Meditation= Meditation allows you to calm down after stressful days and gives time for some self-reflection. There are many good apps to help with this!
- Stick to a sleep schedule= Getting 7.5 hours of sleep per night is ideal for staying healthy.
- Stay away from negativity= Make it intentional. Anything that doesn’t make you feel good. Just drop that.
- Pray= Prayers are amazing. They help you unload all that feelings and worries. They help you see light. They give you hope. They give you strength. They keep you going. Pray for yourself and others too. You will already start feeling better.