According to the Supreme Court, postponing the JEE 2020 and NEET 2020 exams will put students’ careers in peril.
Also check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJwI6q-5_4
- Supreme Courts dismisses pleas seeking postponement of NEET and JEE exams
- SC said the postponement of the NEET/JEE will put the ‘career of students in peril’
- The NEET and JEE exams will be conducted in September as per schedule announced earlier
- The exams will be held with adequate precautions
NEET and JEE Main 2020 Exam Postponement Plea updates
- SC dismisses the petition. Says the postponement of the NEET/JEE will put the ‘career of students in peril’. The bench says that it has taken into record the submission of Solicitor General that exams will be held with adequate precautions. Says, there is no ground to interfere with policy decisions.
- Advocate Alakh says that there is a chance of vaccine coming soon for COVID-19. Even the Prime Minister said about it in his August 15 speech. Not seeking an indefinite postponement of the exam, but a postponement for some time, he submits.
- Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for NTA, says that exams should be conducted, and adequate precautions will be taken.
- ‘If exams are not held, won’t it be a loss to the country? Students will lose the academic year’, Justice Arun Mishra says.
- “Life should move on even in COVID-19 times. Can we just stop the exams? We should move on,” said Justice Arun Misra on plea seeking postponement of JEE/NEET exams.
- Starting the hearing in the case, Justice Arun Mishra says there are two petitions. One seeks the conduct of JEE and NEET exams and another seeking postponement of these exams.
JEE Main 2020 is to be held online from September 1 to 6 while NEET 2020 for admission to undergraduate medical courses is slated to be held offline on September 13 across 161 exam centers in India.
The petition had also stated cancellation of remaining exams for CBSE and ISC as also the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)’s cancellation of CA exams in May and July 2020.
This is not the only case in SC with respect to conducting examinations during COVID-19. A bunch of students has filed a plea against the University Grants Commission’s decision to hold final-year exams amidst the virus scare. This UGC matter will come next for hearing at the apex court on August 18.
Visit our website: https://www.rajeevclasses.com/
Follow our pages for more updates about JEE, NEET and Rajeev classes:
Face book: https://www.facebook.com/RAJEEVCLASSES
Head Office: 6/1/1E, Anil Mitra Road, Ballygunge, (Near South Point High School) Kolkata – 700019
Contact number: 9830751948/9073064357
Branch Office: P25, Jadu Colony,(Near Ashoka Cinema),Behala ,
Contact Number: 9674374134/9836221619