The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2021 on August 1, 2021, in 11 languages in Pen and Paper (Offline) mode. NTA will release the NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria shortly. Before filling the application form, each and every candidate must go through the eligibility criteria of NEET 2021. It is important that students understand and satisfy all the parameters under the NEET eligibility criteria 2021. This year, the National Testing Agency has removed the upper age limit clause from NEET 2021 eligibility criteria, thus, enabling candidates older than 25 years for NEET registration. The number of attempts limit has also been removed from the NEET eligibility criteria.
NEET is a national level medical entrance exam which is held by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET exam is held for students aspiring to join undergraduate medical courses like MBBS and BDS in government and private medical and dental colleges across India. In this blog, we will provide you with complete information regarding the NEET Eligibility 2021.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
|Age Criteria||The minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31, of the year of admission or students belonging to all the categories.|
There is no clause on the upper age limit of candidates willing to appear for NEET, as the decision is still pending. Hence, students above 25 years of age can provisionally take part in NEET until further notice.
|Aggregate Marks||For General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%) Note: The marks scored for Math would not be taken into consideration in this exam|
|Number of Subjects||There will be a total of 3 subjects with Physics, Chemistry, Biology.|
|Number of attempts||There is no such attempt limit in NEET 2021|
|Year of Passing||1. Candidates who are appearing for their board exams in the year 2021 – Eligible |
2. Candidates who have appeared for Class 12 exam in 2020 and appearing for an improvement exam in 2021 – Eligible
3. Students who have appeared for the Class 12 exam in 2019 and have taken an improvement exam in 2020, can mention the year of the exam with a better score.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for State
QuotaCandidates should note that around 85% of MBBS/BDS seats will be reserved for NEET states quota counselling. The rest 15% seats will be allotted at the central level for All India Counselling. Hence, candidates have to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
- Applicants should be a resident of the respective state.
- Applicants should have proper proof of their residency.
- Applicants should have completed (or pursuing) their schooling (Class 12th) from the respective state.
Eligibility for All India Quota in NEET
- Applicants have to be a citizen of India.
- The age of the candidate should be at least 18 years.
- Candidates above 25 years of age can provisionally take up NEET as the matter is still in court, the decision is pending.
- Applicants hailing from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir, would be only eligible for admission to the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
Visit our website: https://www.rajeevclasses.com/
Follow our pages for more updates about JEE, NEET and Rajeev classes:
Face book: https://www.facebook.com/RAJEEVCLASSES
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rajeevclasses YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR2OokqNZQ3iW8XuedSNeiw
Address: Head Office: 6/1/1E, Anil Mitra Road, Ballygunge, (Near South Point High School) Kolkata – 700019 Contact number: 9830751948/9073064357 Branch Office: P25, Jadu Colony,(Near Ashoka Cinema),Behala , Kolkata- 700034
Contact Number: 9674374134/9836221619 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be exam ready we are Rajeev Classes